Date: 8/29/19 2:21 pm
From: Mary Alice H <mholz0226...>
Subject: Re: [birders] bat removal advice
I too got a chuckle, Fred and I don’t know the answer to your question. I
do know my daughter was bitten in the night by a bat in her bedroom. She
did feel the bite. I don’t know what prompted the bat to bite. Maybe in the
darkness her pinky looked like a tasty insect. I do know the bat escaped
and she ended with a very painful & expensive round of anti rabies
injections. And Barry Eaton Health Department told her “If you wake with a
bat in your bedroom, assume you have been bitten.” There’s that troubling
word “assume”😉
All’s well that ends so they say🤭
Mary A

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org