Date: 8/29/19 6:28 am
From: Janet Hinshaw <jhinshaw...>
Subject: [birders] Rose-breasted Grosbeaks
This last week we have loved seeing the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks bringing
their young to our feeders. Each parent brings two. From the pink under
wing coverts you can see these two are young males. The babies are
constantly begging with a very quiet pee-you call that sounds a lot like a
bluebird. Sibley has a recording on his app.

We have also had pewees and yellow-throated vireos singing recently.

[image: JGH_9245-Grosbeak-small copy.jpg]

[image: JGH_9247-small.jpg]

[image: JGH_9267-Grosbeak-small copy.jpg]

Janet Hinshaw, Librarian
Wilson Ornithological Society
University of Michigan Museum of Zoology
Research Museums Center
3600 Varsity Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108-2228 USA

https://wilsonsociety.org/ <http://www.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/birds/>