Date: 8/28/19 5:58 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Glenview cook co.
For local birders,

Yesterday there was water back at air station prairie and a good diversity of common shorebirds. I ran into Tom L. and he pointed out a couple of semipalmated sandpipers and leasts, along with Killdeer, and solitaries. Plus the female kestrel made a showing which is the first time I've seen her there in a long time. Probably at least two years?

At Techny the river was super high and I didn't go to Techny North. There've been a lot of all the regular herons at techny the last couple of times I've been up there. Also the kingbirds are still there, a couple of barn swallows, goldfinches.

A red-breasted nuthatch meeped at me briefly today but yet again doesn't let me identify it visually. I think it's a gameā€¦

and for those insect and garden oriented people, the boneset is attracting a good variety of wasps and other pollinators, and the goldenrod is finally opening and getting its visitors as well. I only wish this season lasted all year long.

Suzanne Coleman
Cook County

Posted by: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...>

<*> Your email settings: