Date: 8/28/19 5:04 pm
From: Meredith McBurney <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 8/28/19
On this hot morning, Wilson's replaced Yellows as the most commonly caught
species, as the summer resident Yellows start to move out and migration
from the north builds. Caught our first Orange-crowned Warbler and our 5th
Northern Waterthrush. We were most excited by a Lark Sparrow, not a rare
bird but one almost never caught at the banding station. A total of 51 new
birds:

Mourning Dove 1
Western Wood-pewee 1
Hammond's Flycatcher 1
House Wren 5
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 15
Northern Waterthrush 1
Wilson's Warbler 23
Chipping Sparrow 1
Lark Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through
October 13. We are opening nets at 6:40 and should have birds back at the
station by 7:20. We will close nets most days at 11:40, with some being
closed earlier as long as this heat continues. School groups arrive most
weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds)
is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station