Date: 8/28/19 1:09 pm
From: Sheridan Brown (Birds) <birds...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] hyper feisty young hummer
Crazy stuff! We've had a similar situation here with a juvenile hummer this week. It picks fights with the Galium Sphinx moths at the phlox and bergamot as well with as other hummers and chickadees. Our hummers also have plenty of native flowers and a feeder to enjoy - including lots of jewelweed. Still, nobody has been safe - including my wife and I who've been buzzed at close range by pairs of hummers in mid-battle. Might have to get some gardening safety goggles.

Sheridan Brown
Grantham, NH