Date: 8/28/19 9:22 am
Subject: Falls Lake black terns and not too exciting herring gull
A quick stop at Sandling Beach today around 9am found 8 black terns, all
non breeding plumage and one juvenile herring gull on the beach. It then
flew over my head, circled and landed near my feet, begging for food or
recognizing the green and gray park uniform? No sign of the juvenile
little gull but it's a big lake and when I left the black terns were
nowhere to seen, maybe they were up Ledge Creek towards the boat ramp.

Sandling and Rollingview are still charging $7 vehicle entry fee up until
5pm, and park is open until 9pm. As of Sep 1 parks close at 8pm. After
labor day vehicle entry fee only on weekends.

--
Brian Bockhahn
<birdranger248...>

Join us on Facebook!