Date: 8/28/19 6:02 am
From: Linda Gionti <lgionti...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] rescue of a hummingbird
I’ve got a hummingbird-in-hand story too. One day last summer I was wearing a red shirt doing yoga in front of the open door. A hummingbird flew in the door to check out the red, realized it was now inside and flew to the windows trying to get out. I quickly enclosed it with my hand trying to be as gentle as possible, brought it to the door and let it go. The whole incident probably took fewer than 20 seconds, but I can still remember the silky feel of that hummingbird against my palm and fingers.

In more recent news, waves of fall warblers and migrants are coming through the yard. This morning I’ve seen black-throated green, chestnut-sided, and black-and-white warblers in with the chickadees. Phoebes and least flycatchers are zipping around, and a wood thrush appeared in a crabapple tree as well.

Linda Gionti
Huntington

Join us on Facebook!