Date: 8/27/19 4:12 pm
From: Sandra Keller <000006b65d80f212-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Forsythe - whistling ducks, regular shorebird
Marilyn and I hit the area looking for needed year species and enjoying
a good shorebird study. Lots of WR Sandpipers around. We couldn't
find a Bairds. I'll hit my Cumberland areas for that this weekend.
Interesting that the few SB Dows we saw were all juveniles. Lots
of juvenile Lesser Yellowlegs also. All the Greaters we had were adults.
Best spots were the Gm 4 to 5 area. And the dogleg. Bill E. found
some Whistling Ducks there. When we got there and scanned, they were
hard to see against a close vegetation edge. Then they flew! Seven. Nice!

We did three loops! Hitting various spots each time around. It was different
each time with the changing tide.

Butterfly notes - lots of Cloudless Sulphur out on the wildlife drive. Been a
good year for them!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini