Date: 8/27/19 7:29 am
From: Sally K. Scheer <winerat...>
Subject: RE: [birders] OT Monarchs
My sister in the UP near Brimley has had a bumper crop or monarchs hatching IN HER HOUSE for the past few weeks. She had a young bear in the yard that trampled on one of her milkweed plants and she brought the plant indoors to save it. Then she saw some holes appearing in the leaves and found a couple caterpillars and it went from there to chrysalis appearing in funny places like hanging off the tip of a pair of scissors and any number of other places as the caterpillars that were busily gobbling up the milkweed leaves reached that stage. I'm not sure how many monarchs have now hatched but she posts great pictures on her facebook page showing the many stages from caterpillar to chrysalis thru the rest of the stages in the chrysalis to mature butterfly.

Marykaye, if you're not too busy babysitting the process, now about posting some of your pictures here?

Sally Scheer

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<378C9CFF-CEC8-4135-8F19-DAF1564C740D...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org