Date: 8/26/19 2:46 pm
From: Allen Chartier <amazilia3...>
Subject: Re: [birders] American White Pelicans
Pat,

My high count of pelicans on weekly surveys I've been doing since mid-July
exceeds 100 pelicans. Most are juveniles, probably from the breeding colony
in Saginaw Bay.

I have been told that the construction has mostly been completed and the
Wildlife Drive is now open 7 days a week (until it closes again on October
1). There have not been many shorebirds there, and those that I have found
are in areas closed to the public. Hopefully, as a couple units get disced
and refilled, there will be more available habitat.

Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan
Email: <amazilia3...>
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mihummingbirdguy/collections/