Date: 8/26/19 1:36 pm
From: Bill Schreitz <flannelmoth...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: The New Chatfield State Park, Jeffco and Douglas counties
First, thank you Tom, for posting the website showing the plans for
Chatfield. I attended the District Court session and heard the
presentations on both sides of the Chatfield Reallocation issue. Reaching
the the proposed future water level depends on three seemingly unlikely
sources, only two of which we have any control. Those three are annual
precipitation over and above the recent average (specifically made clear in
the Court proceeding), improved wise use (both residential & commercial) of
our daily use of water, and a reduction of new development of both
residential and commercial construction. There is no new water (say from
the western slope) that is slated to fill Chatfield, only the excess rain &
snow above the usual from the watershed areas that feed the reservoir
now.Wise use and development reduction is all we can do. I would be
interested to know when that future water level is projected to be reached.
Does anyone know that target year?