Date: 8/26/19 9:49 am
From: Maeve Kim <maevulus...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] rescue of a hummingbird
I had an extraordinary and touching experience this morning. I went out to the garden for the morning harvest, and as I stood picking cakes I heard an odd whirring noise close by. There was an immature Ruby-throated Hummingbird caught in the mesh fencing of the garden, his bill and head inside the garden and the rest of his tiny self outside. It took only a second or two to free him, but all the while he made a high almost singing noise that I didn’t know hummers could make.
I am SO happy that I went into the garden then, rather than a few hours from now, and still touched and delighted that I - for a second - held a hummingbird and was able to set it free.
Maeve Kim, Jericho Center

Join us on Facebook!