Date: 8/26/19 9:45 am
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] My miss ID on Baird’s Sandpiper, Brig Refuge, Atlantic County
Perhaps old story for many but it is important to me. My previously reported Baird’s at Brig on August 23, 2019 was a miss-id.

During live action, I went thru all possible Calidris potentials and convinced myself it was it, But the review of my bird photos had me in doubts ever since. It was not a photo lie. Consultation with a few fellow birders confirmed my suspicion. My only beef is no one corrected me on the Flickr.

I thought I had seen just about every size differences and plumage characteristics within a same peep species, I am still seeing whole a lot (especially Juveniles ) of Semis, Least, Westerns that comes in all confusing manors. Perhaps annual repeats that my bird brain simply does not digest.

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>