Date: 8/26/19 9:43 am
From: 'Rhonda (Monroe) Rothrock' <woodthrusheola8...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET fulvous whistling-duck update as of yesterday, 08/25
The fulvous whistling-duck was seen throughout the day yesterday at it's regular haunt. Vicki Lang visited yesterday stating is was in the close row of corn stubble and that she got excellent looks. I've been trying to keep folks up-to-date and would like to suggest an eBird link to check. https://ebird.org/region/US-IL-077/activity

This is a link to the recent posts in Jackson County. In my attempts to help locals and others learn of what is here and where, I bookmarked all the southernmost IL counties (and a few others) so that I could quickly see what's going on. The above link is specific to the the most recent posts in the county. If, like me, you have poor internet and cell phone access so cannot get the blow-by-blow eBird updates or choose not to, bookmarking your counties of interest is a quick and easy way to keep up with current sightings..
There are still lots of folks down here who neither use this list server or eBird but will email me directly about sightings. So, I share what I hear to the best of my ability and internet service.
Good luck
Rhonda Rothrock
Pomona, Jackson County, IL

Consider forming a team to compete in  the

19th Annual Birding Blitz of Southernmost IL, April 29, 2020!

18 years of outstanding birding comradery in southernmost IL!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317666471615613/

Join us on Facebook!