Date: 8/26/19 9:23 am
From: Scott Kinzey <0000007977429723-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Nighthawk Migration Watch in Pittsburgh This Evening
     I will be on Mount Washington at the overlook on Grandview Avenue at the top of Bertha Street from 6 or 6:30pm to 8:15pm.  The more eyes the better, come if you like.  Watchers in New Hampshire have recorded over 700 nighthawks so far this month but haven't had a big day yet to my knowledge.  A few big days are due.  This is the only evening I have free until Sunday so I am going for it.  The overlooks are being repaired but I read that it starts on Sept. 3.  I think that street parking is free after 7 so I might park down the hill to start and move my car up.
     I am hoping that there won't be too many tourists because it's a weekday.  The view is amazing even if we have bad luck like last year.  Chimney Swifts may be the most numerous bird and we may see the downtown Peregrine Falcons, butterflies and dragonflies.

Scott Kinzey
Allegheny County

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!