Date: 8/26/19 1:28 am
From: Bill Elrick <belrick...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Howard Eskins Baird's Sandpiper
Please stop referring to me as some kind of expert. This is my first full
season at the shore, before that I was a seasoned warbler and watershed
birder. I am learning the seasonal variations In a lot of these birds daily.
I did venture down here on occasion and saw many peeps in the spring with
NJ Audubon but summer, late summer and fall birds are still a mystery.
Bill Elrick
GALLOWAY.

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019, 22:31 Yong Kong <yklitespeed...> wrote:

> There is a PA birder I miss seeing at Brig. That is non other than Howard
> Eskin. Below link is photos of Howard’s Baird’s Sandpiper on 8-23-010.
>
> http://www.howardsview.com/Bairds/Bairds.html
>
> About my peep that I stuck my neck out and ID’ed as Baird’s, I have been
> chasing it for the last two days hoping for a closer study. No luck there.
>
> On Saturday when I arrived at Marker 4, Bill Elrick and * Jimmy * were
> glued to their scopes already. My first time hearing Jim’s name was from
> Mike Britt. Humongous knowledge in bird ID from what I heard in the past.
> I almost experienced a stage fright birding/standing next to these two
> expert birders to the point I could not ID a pigeon or a seagull.
>
> I would like to believe *bird-god* has brought me Bill Elrick to Brig so I
> could bug Bill instead of asking so many questions to Howard when I used to
> run into him along the dike drive or at the parking lot.
>
> Yong Kong
> Camden County
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <
> www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>