Date: 8/25/19 6:54 pm
From: Liz Lackey <lackeytomliz...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Westminster Station Nighthawk Count
I had 78 Nighthawks go by in 45 minutes in Stowe village tonight. I wasn’t able to start until 7:20p due to a prior commitment. Birds were already going by when I arrived so I know I missed some early birds. The last birds to be seen in the waning light were silhouetted against a deep pink colored sky. Eerily beautiful.

Until today I hadn’t seen a single bird even though I’d gone out each evening.

Liz Lackey
Stowe, VT

> On Aug 25, 2019, at 8:39 PM, Donald Clark <sapsbks...> wrote:
>
> Movement continues to be slow here. Last night (8/24) three observers were only able to find 7 birds in 3 hours. Tonight was somewhat better with 5 observers tallying 76 birds in a little over 3 hours.
>
> Don Clark
> Grafton, VT

Join us on Facebook!