Date: 8/25/19 5:44 pm
From: Tom Wilberding <twilberding...>
Subject: [cobirds] The New Chatfield State Park, Jeffco and Douglas counties
Driving around Chatfield today I wondered why are all the new roads, paths,
and parking lots SO FAR from the water. Then I scrolled through the
following maps showing the future water level, and see that it is very
close to the new parking lots.
https://chatfieldreallocation.org/project-map/

For example, the Plum Creek Day Use parking lot is shown about thirty feet
from the water, not .67 miles as it exists now. When the water will be
raised, where the additional water will come from, and how it will affect
many trees which will be underwater, I don't know.

I think Chatfield is still a work-in-progress. Hope the final product will
be beneficial to birds.

Tom Wilberding
Littleton, CO