Date: 8/25/19 5:18 pm
From: Meredith McBurney <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 8-25-19
Hot and muggy, but the birds didn't seem to mind! Caught 59 new birds,
including a modestly rare Red-eyed Vireo, and a truly senior citizen
Black-capped Chickadee, which we banded in 2010! Here's the breakdown for
the day:

Western Wood-pewee 4
Least Flycatcher 1
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Black-capped Chickadee 1, banded 2010
House Wren 14 new, 2 banded 2018
Yellow Warbler 23
Wilson's Warbler 10
Chipping Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 1

Tomorrow, Monday, is our day off! We are open 6 days per week,
Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through October 13. We are opening nets
at 6:40 and should have birds back at the station by 7:20. We will close
nets most days at 11:40, with some being closed earlier as long as this
heat continues. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best
time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and
Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station