Date: 8/25/19 3:05 pm
From: Bruce and Sherri Carl <000000e695e98431-dmarc-request...>
Subject: "BIG SIT" 2019 - Lancaster County
PA BIRDERS,

It is time to start thinking about being a participant in a
"BIG SIT" close to you. Here in Lancaster County I will be at Middle Creek
WMA for the day looking and listening for birds from before sunrise until
late afternoon (see dates and information below). This will be the 6th year
holding this event at this location and we have averaged right around (70)
species each year with a composite list that currently stands at (106)
species. So come out and join me as we count birds for a good cause!! You
may stay as long as you wish and you can stop by anytime. Bring a chair,
some snacks and a drink and dress for the weather. This a very popular area
for bird watching and this location almost never disappoints when it comes
to birds. There usually is a surprise to be found!!

Hope to see you there!!

Bruce A Carl

Akron, PA

Lancaster County

THE BIG SIT! 2019

With LCBC's own Bruce Carl

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - Pre-sunrise to late afternoon

Rain/bad weather date: Sunday, October 13, 2019

Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area

Up the hill on the Conservation Trail overlooking the Visitors Center

Bruce & Company have averaged (70) species during the last five "BIG SIT"
Events. Funds raised during The "Big Sit" are used by LCBC to support
Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area and the Club's Youth Scholarship Fund.
Make a pledge amount per species identified or contribute a flat amount to
the event. Be a part of Bruce's Company by stopping by to assist and visit.

What is "The Big Sit!"?

The Big Sit! is an annual, international, noncompetitive birding event
hosted by Bird Watcher's Digest and founded by the New Haven (Connecticut)
Bird Club. Bruce has established an ideal location at Middle Creek WMA
offering him excellent views of a variety of habitats from within a
17-square foot diameter circle.

Anyone can stop by and help Bruce spot a bird or two. With your support of
this program, the LCBC can help make an even bigger difference with
additional funding of the LCBC Youth Scholarship Fund and increase LCBC's
support of the Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area.

Lancaster County Bird Club is a 501(c)3 charity; your donation is
tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.

Contributions in support of Bruce's Big Sit can be made any time before,
during, or after the event. Please note "Big Sit" on your contribution.
Make checks payable to Lancaster County Bird Club and send to:

Lancaster County Bird Club

c/o Roger Stoner

1650 Princess Anne Drive

Lancaster, PA 17601