Date: 8/25/19 12:51 pm
From: GLENN D'ENTREMONT <gdentremont1...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Baird’s sandpiper - Sandwich
Exit 3 off of Rt 6 is Quaker Meeting House Road. It appears to actually take this road north to Rt 6A. Cross over 6A to Spring Hill Road for less than 1/2 mile and turn right onto Foster Road and then follow the instructions on the original post.

Glenn

Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA

> On August 25, 2019 at 11:38 AM Peter Crosson <capecodbirder...> wrote:
>

> MBers,
>
> I had a juvenile Baird�~@~Ys sandpiper today at Stouffer�~@~Ys Puddle in Sandwich. For those unfamiliar with this area, it is a large pool that forms in the salt marsh at certain tides, ringed by mud flats and surrounded by higher ground. It resembles a miniature version of the Powder Hole on South Monomoy. Optimal tide is a lowish high tide,
> around 9 feet on the Barnstable tide chart. Tomorrow morning around 8 AM should again be optimal conditions, if anyone is interested in chasing this bird.
>
> To get to the area, take Foster Road off of exit 3, and turn left at its end onto Saltmarsh Road. Follow this almost to the end, where there is a small sand parking lot on the left with a rope going across the trail. Just walk in the trail to the puddle, about a 10 minute walk.
>
> Good birding,
> Peter Crosson
> West Barnstable, MA
> Sent from my iPhone