Date: 8/24/19 7:18 pm
From: Matt S. <accipiter22...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] August 22, 2019 Rock Meadow, Belmont
Hi All,

I took a nice trip to Rock Meadow on Thursday; I forgot to send it
through. I love it there this time of year, you can close your eyes in the
fields and feel like you're a thousand miles from any big city. When I'm
there I think the world was never meant to stray so far from nature; that
we were all meant as individuals to tend our own gardens and walk the
trails and fields among the animals we live with. Anyway, before I start
rambling, I didn't have a long time to spend there, but still managed to
rustle up a blue-gray gnatcatcher, marsh wren, and ruby-throated
hummingbird as highlights.

Matt S.
Newton, MA
Accipiter22 (a) Gmail.com

Rock Meadow, Belmont, Middlesex, Massachusetts, US
Aug 22, 2019 10:29 AM - 11:07 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.91 mile(s)
23 species

Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris) 1
Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus) 1
Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe) 3
Eastern Kingbird (Tyrannus tyrannus) 3
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) 2
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 1
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) 2
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) 2
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) 2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) 1
Marsh Wren (Cistothorus palustris) 1
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 1
Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) 2
American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 1
Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum) 7
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus) 4
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 4
Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina) 2
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 9
Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas) 2
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 2

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59185644