Date: 8/24/19 11:15 am
From: Allen Yow <ayow...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Tame Goldfinch Update...
Dear Paul:

Thank you for sharing this story and for your kindness.

Allen

#1 At the thistle feeder, he perches with one foot elevated to the feeder while the right foot is on the perch branch itself - creating additional balance and security.

#2 His travels are short distances only. To the Zinnias which are heavily blooming within 12 feet of the thistle feeder, or to the White Pine or Norway Spruce also very nearby at 14 feet away from the feeder.

#3 Travels 25 feet to the sound of the fountain that runs constantly from May => September and must operate as a sound beacon for orientation.

I plan to keep him going safely as long as possible. Can anyone explain the blindness? = a bittersweet, story, but lovely garden resident.

Cheers, Paul Stensvaag
NW IL, County of Cook
..

Join us on Facebook!