Date: 8/22/19 7:38 pm
From: Mimi Bix-Hylan <mimibixh...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Sad news - Ida Giriunas
I never met Ida. In fact, I didn’t know of her until the news of her
passing was announced on this list and I began reading the responses to the
news of her passing. It has been moving to read reflections about her.
Thank you for sharing snippets of your respective experiences. On account
of these remembrances I feel like I have a sense of this woman who lived
her life with such passion and determination.

Mimi Bix-Hylan
Burlington, MA

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 7:43 PM Suzanne Sullivan <swampy435...>
wrote:

> We need more Ida’s in the world, especially now. Very sad. She will be
> missed but always remembered,
> Suzanne Sullivan
> Wilmington, MA
>
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 10:36 AM Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
> wrote:
>
> > Ida Giriunas, long-time birder and trip leader, passed away yesterday.
> She
> > was 91.
> >
> > Ida was a force of nature, fierce and passionate about birding. She led
> > and participated in many trips for the Brookline Bird Club, serving as a
> > trip leader and past president and board member, spearheading the
> > nationally known BBC pelagic birding program and making an annual trip to
> > Machias, Maine for Atlantic Puffins and other downeast specialties.
> Dedicated
> > to birding, she was happy to share those experiences with those new to
> the
> > birding world, the BBC and others. Those of us who knew her appreciated
> > her directness, sense of humor and hearty laugh. Her years of service
> have
> > been invaluable helping to make birding in New England the joy that it is

Join us on Facebook!