Date: 8/22/19 4:55 pm
From: Laura M <magrinha97...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Ida Giriunas
On Sept. 15, 2018 as recorded in my ebird, I met Ida for the first time in
Newburyport and she drove myself and another woman to Plum Island, which
was my first proper birding visit there. I remember her estimating, from
the car, numbers of a cloud of egrets flying around the marsh. I was very
impressed with her energy, enthusiasm and generosity - after Plum, she
drove us to Perkins Park in pursuit of a Yellow Crowned Night Heron someone
was seeking. I remember all the well-worn bird books in the car seat
pockets she encouraged me to look through, and her warm, broad smile after
she dropped me off, accompanied by an invitation to come back for one of
her outings any time. I wish that I had.

Laura Markley
South Boston, MA
<magrinha97...>

Join us on Facebook!