Date: 8/22/19 4:31 pm
From: <phawk254...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] RFI on New Book: The Handbook of Bird Families
Doing some tropical birding recently and hoping to do more, I recently purchased Jonathan Elphick's THE HANDBOOK OF BIRD FAMILIES (Firefly Books, 2019) on quick sight review alone. First published by the Natural History Museum, London, in 2018. it is impressive in design and production values. The sole author has an impressive resume, but I've been unable to find any substantive reviews of the book. If you are familiar with the book and have any opinions, or have seen any authoritative reviews of it, please contact me.
Gratefully,
Paul

Paul M. Roberts
Medford, MA