Date: 8/22/19 8:43 am
From: Jeffrey Aufmann <jaufmann...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Swallow-tailed Kite in McHenry County
I saw it at about 7:30.  I've seen them many times before in the south, so I instantly knew what it was.  My camera doesn't auto-focus well in the sky, so the pictures are a bit blurry.  It was drifting SSW in no big hurry.
Jeff
On Thursday, August 22, 2019, 10:30:10 AM CDT, <trptjoe...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

Jeff Aufmann reported a Swallow-tailed Kite from Silver Creek Conservation Area in McHenry County this morning. Photos are posted in his eBird report. He mentioned that it was flying off to the southwest, so keep your eyes peeled if you're out that way!

Joe Lill
Chicago, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!