Date: 8/22/19 5:40 am
From: Lynette Leka <lynetteleka...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Ida
the loving tributes posted on MassBird should be collected in some sort of a memorial...

I didn't have the opportunity to know her as others did - but when she would come barreling through the entrance to the Parker River refuge, much more focused on getting out there to the birds than presenting her pass, as gatehouse attendant I was totally delighted and inspired

if those who did have the good fortune to be with her feel it might be appropriate, I would like to suggest a boardwalk plank in her name, for the Hellcat Trail Fundraiser at the refuge; I can make the arrangements, but am stumped for the inscription - my idea was to select a descriptive phrase from the MassBird postings ("Ida Giriunas - a legend in her time"?), but there are so many that would aptly apply, I don't know how to choose...

so if her birding colleagues would like to weigh in on this idea, you could do so through MassBird, or directly to me -

Lynette Leka
Newbury, MA 01951
email: <lynette.leka...>

Join us on Facebook!