Date: 8/21/19 3:32 pm
From: Josh <opihi...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Sad news - Ida Giriunas
Oh, wow. My memories are a bit hazy from that far back, but I think I first met Ida when I was still in elementary school in Beverly, when I signed up for an extracurricular bird-watching activity with Barbara Drummond, which set up my first contact with the BBC and the wider birding community in general. That was over 35 years ago. I may have known what the word “pelagic” meant at the time, but definitely had no clue that “pelagic birding” was a thing. She’s definitely leaving behind an empty space; I imagine that her spirit is somewhere out by Hydrographer Canyon, skimming over the water’s surface...

Josh

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA

Vice-president, Hampshire Bird Club
https://hampshirebirdclub.org/ <https://hampshirebirdclub.org/>

Northeast Chapter head, Dragonfly Society of the Americas
https://www.dragonflysocietyamericas.org/northeastdsa <https://www.dragonflysocietyamericas.org/northeastdsa>

http://bugguide.net/user/view/2399 <http://bugguide.net/user/view/2399>
https://www.facebook.com/opihi <https://www.facebook.com/opihi>

Join us on Facebook!