Date: 8/21/19 3:02 pm
From: NEaton <nancyeaton...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fw: Ida Giriunas

----- Forwarded Message ----- From: NEaton <nancyeaton...>To: <ctbirding...> <ctbirding...>Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 2:04:07 PM EDTSubject: Ida Giriunas
Fellow Birders:
Quite recently I spoke with Ida about doing another trip in the BBC pelagic series which she organized annually. As always, she was enthusiastic, accommodating, sharp, and "with it"--a truly dedicated and oh-so-competent leader for the birding community. Her strength of personality and multiple skills contributed endlessly to the benefit of so many of us who had the pleasure of knowing her and to the benefit of those those who didn't. Ida Giriunas was a legend in her time and a pillar of New England birding. We will long be in her debt. Her loss is immense.

Nancy EatonEnfield, CT
(formerly Springfield, MA)

Join us on Facebook!