Date: 8/21/19 5:50 am
From: tracy chiconas <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender tchiconas for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Re: Leucistic Red-tailed Hawk in Milwaukee County

wow; that is an amazing bird! Luckily you were able to get pics of the bird while it was stationary. If i saw this bird in flight with only a fleeting glimpse i would be so very confused & curious. Thank you for sharing the photos!

-Tracy Chiconas
Mil Wi
<tchiconas...>

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 3:47:03 PM CDT, Tom Wood <tcwood729...> wrote:

Perhaps this bird is well known by folks who regularly bird the area, but
this morning while driving south on STH45 past the Franklin landfill just
north of County Line Road, I spotted a large white bird in a tree at the
back of the pond- too small for an egret, too early for a Snowy Owl, so I
did a U-turn and saw that it was a leucistic Red-tailed Hawk. I managed to
use my iPod to get a few crude photos through my spotting scope. They can be
seen in my checklist below:

<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59134017>
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59134017

Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County

https://www.avg.com