Date: 8/20/19 5:14 pm
From: Henry Detwiler <henrydetwiler...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Jackson County: American Avocets, Anhinga, NO FUWD
Greetings Birders,

This morning I spent a few hours in the Mississippi bottoms of Jackson
County.

In the flooded fields around Jacob the highlights were: 7 American
Avocets, 11 Caspian and 1 Black Tern, and 120+ Bank Swallows. South of
Grand Tower, I had no luck with the Fulvous Whistling-Duck, but it is
a huge area, much of which is still inaccessible by car. At the Lower
Chute, I was happy to see an Anhinga flying overhead from Illinois to
Missouri. In all, I tallied 12 species of shorebirds this morning.

eBird checklists with a couple of photos are at:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59127491
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59128960

Good birding,
Henry Detwiler
Yuma, AZ & Carbondale, IL
www.SouthwestBirders.com

Posted by: Henry Detwiler <henrydetwiler...>

Join us on Facebook!