Date: 8/20/19 1:46 pm
From: Tom Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Leucistic Red-tailed Hawk in Milwaukee County
Perhaps this bird is well known by folks who regularly bird the area, but
this morning while driving south on STH45 past the Franklin landfill just
north of County Line Road, I spotted a large white bird in a tree at the
back of the pond- too small for an egret, too early for a Snowy Owl, so I
did a U-turn and saw that it was a leucistic Red-tailed Hawk. I managed to
use my iPod to get a few crude photos through my spotting scope. They can be
seen in my checklist below:

<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59134017>
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59134017

Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County

https://www.avg.com