Date: 8/20/19 8:17 am
From: John Farmer <ajf-jlf...>
Subject: [birders] Another RHWO 20 miles east of Ivan's
I've had four sightings of an adult Red-headed Woodpecker in the past couple
of weeks where Petersburg Road crosses the Washtenaw/Monroe County Line.
We'd like to think that it's "Billy Ray Bad___" (so-named for his dominance
at the suet feeders), the fledgling that came to stay around our yard as a
black-headed youngster in the fall of 2018 and stayed around until the
following spring. We can't know if that bird stayed in the area.

The November - April transition of Billy Ray is captured in the three
attached pics.

John

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/000201d5576a%244b5c2ea0%24e2148be0%<24...>