Date: 8/19/19 6:58 am
From: 'P. swanson' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] black ducks (food suggestions)
Thanks Bill for the info. I finally got the Cayuga black ducks to eat cracked corn and pellets from one of the docks here. Unfortunately, the other geese and mallards that come here every day have been helping themselves to the feed. I try to time feeding so no other waterfowl is around but it doesn’t last long and the black ducks are not aggressive enough to chase them away.
There is supposed to be a duck rescue coming to get them soon but I’m beginning to have my doubts. I hope they will come soon. Most of the ducks are juvenile looking and one has an injured foot. They were never wild. I think they were dumped off near here.
Penny

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<61E717C1-4526-4C4E-810C-A3DF62EAD571...>

Join us on Facebook!