Date: 8/13/19 8:05 pm
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sandpipers at Basket Slough WR this morning (Possible Curlew Sandpiper)
Hi:

Juvenile Curlew sandpiper should have a more striking head pattern and look
like a Dunlin with long legs and long wings. This bird has the jizz of a
Western Sandpiper , to me. Legs do not look long enough and bird not
chunky enough. Young Curlew have anchors in their scapulars and a peachy
wash to breast. I think I see rufous in upper scaps as well.

Bob Archer
PDX

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:49 PM <t4c1x...> wrote:

> I have yet to see any replies to this post on OBOL. What are people
> thinking about these photographs? I don't have any sense of certainty
> about the i.d. of these birds.
>
> Darrel

Join us on Facebook!