Date: 8/13/19 1:02 pm
From: <bertf...>
Subject: [texbirds] Learning to Fly
A new book is available from Amazon as of today. While it is a novel, the
setting is Texas and much of it has to do with birding in Texas. The
heroine is a young teenager, a runaway, troubled by her abusive past. In
addition to guidance from her biologist guardian (who studies Golden-cheeked
Warblers), she finds part of her salvation in birding.

For those of you who have birded Central America, you will recognize the
author, Lee Jones, who also wrote books about the birds of Belize. I met
Lee while I was writing A Birder's Guide to Belize and we birded together in
Belize and Texas. I had the opportunity to read an earlier draft of the
book and was quite impressed. The storyline is a page-turner with various
twists-and-turns to keep the interest of adults as well as the intended
audience of young teens.

I strongly recommend the book and would like to see Texas birders boost its
sales as not only does it promote birding but also deals with the difficult
subject of child abuse.

Learning to Fly is available at;

https://www.amazon.com/Learning-Fly/dp/B07TYMR7QS

Bert Frenz

Birding guide and naturalist

Author, A Birder's Guide to Belize

(published by American Birding Association)

<Bert2...>

www.bafrenz.com <http://www.bafrenz.com/>

Join us on Facebook!