Date: 8/13/19 11:53 am
From: stracey53 via Groups.Io <stracey53=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] The Pelican Show
I biked out from the EEC in Alviso this morning along A16 to A17 and then out to A15 before heading back.  Lots of shorebirds again on A17 and peeps piling up on the exposed parts of A15 but nothing unusual.  While scoping from A15 I looked over to the far side of A14 and saw large quantities of AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS and decided to do an impromptu pelican count on the way back.  In A14 I counted 490 AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS and 3 BROWN PELICANS.  A16 had 340 white and 1 brown.  New Chicago Marsh had 50 more white pelicans.
Steve Tracey San Jose