Date: 8/13/19 11:53 am
From: Keith Carris <kcarris38...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Young Gray Partridge - Linn County
Todays sighting of GRAY PARTRIDGE at the Deal Road Sod Farm was that of two
YOUNG birds. It has been assumed that they were probably nesting in the
area, but now it is confirmed. They were between the access road and the
maintenance building. I first saw them "sneaking" across Deal Road from
the bean field with their heads low to the ground, before going into the
sodded area.

There were also six UPLAND SANDPIPERS near the North end of the sod farm
and one scurrying along the gravel access road on the South end.

I keep checking this area hoping for a Buff Breasted Sandpiper, but so far,
no luck. Maybe the sighting of one near Tiffin will shortly result in them
showing up here.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Keith Carris
Cedar Rapids, Iowa