Date: 8/13/19 10:14 am
From: Juliet Berger <juliet.berger...>
Subject: [birders] Re: Swift Nights Out is this weekend!
Thanks to those who signed up. We do need MANY more volunteers.
If you have questions about how to count swifts, message me.
Essentially, you count them as they drop into the chimney. If it is a big
roost, you count by 5's or 10's.
You keep counting until the swifts stop going into the chimney. Sometimes,
if it is a huge roost, they keep entering after dark, and you can hear, but
not see them, so you have to estimate.
It is not an exact science.
I hope we can get some more help from local birders. Thank you!
Juliet Berger

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CABVs24Kmdax4uhKKb7GMWNC%3DuU5cdpq8BNJeNfurA%<3DzjyC1q-A...>

Join us on Facebook!