Date: 8/13/19 9:39 am
From: Roger Schoedl via Groups.Io <rogerschoedl=<aol.com...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Scripps's Murrelet
A SCRIPPS'S MURRELET put in a great showing this morning at the Huntington Beach Pier.

At 7am a murrelet appeared in the distance in the direction of the 2 near shore oil platforms. I presume it is the same murrelet I saw yesterday. Today it swam straight in to the pier where it spent 45 minutes foraging around and between the pier pilings. Shirley Reynolds and I had excellent views when it was up on the surface of the water. Following it proved challenging as it frequently dove and swam under the pier and didn't always come out on the other side.

Roger Schoedl
Huntington Beach