Date: 8/13/19 8:35 am
From: Matt Wistrand <mwistrand...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Re: Avocet At 83rd Street Fluddle & Stilt Sandpiper At Wood Dale Reservoir Monday 8-12-19
Jeff,

There is a path (labeled on Google Maps as "Greene Trail") that starts at
83rd/IL-53, so I usually park on one of the residential streets off of
83rd, and then cross IL-53 at the light. The fluddle is very visible from
the path, so once you're there it should be easy to find a viewing spot.

Matt Wistrand
West Chicago, DuPage

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:55 AM JEFFREY BOLAND <j.t.boland...>
[ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> For those of us newer birders that might go out to try to see the Avocet
> and Stilt.... what is the best way to bird the 83rd st. fluddle? The map,
> and a quick drive by, makes it look like there is very little access, or
> convenient observation area. Is it best to off-road it through the
> grasses, or is there a better way I haven't seen?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Jeff

Join us on Facebook!