Date: 8/13/19 6:08 am
From: Rob Blye <rwblye...>
Subject: [de-birds] Fwd: eBird Report - Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge, Aug 11, 2019
On behalf of Frank Rohrbacker and Delaware Ornithological Society, I have
forwarded an eBird checklist for the DOS Shorebirds II filed trip to Bombay
Hook NWR on Sunday August 11. For those who attended the outing, please
send me an email request to share this checklist if you want to add it to
your eBird account. I shared it with those whose contact information I
already had. (<rwb226...> or <rwblye...>)

By sharing this checklist we can avoid having 30 or more checklists in
eBird for the same trip and reduce the volunteer reviewer's time in vetting
the information.

Better living through birds,

*Rob*

Robert W. Blye
34603 Doe Run
Lewes DE 19958-3332
302 945-8618
610 213-2413 mobile

Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge, Kent, Delaware, US
Aug 11, 2019 7:36 AM - 11:38 AM
Protocol: Traveling
13.11 mile(s)
Comments: DOS Shorebirds II field trip led by Frank Rohrbacker. Some 36
people (more or less) attended in a loose caravan of about 15 vehicles. Our
car included four birders from Sussex Bird Club. This checklist captures
the birds seen by our group which includes most of the species seen by the
entire group. We observed cardinal flower in bloom at the end of Finis Pool
Road. A great time was had by all. Lunch for our group at Boondocks near
Smyrna.
54 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 30
Mute Swan 2
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1 heard, then seen, in woods near Finis Pool
American Avocet 200
Black-bellied Plover 31
Semipalmated Plover 23
Killdeer 2
Stilt Sandpiper 8
Least Sandpiper 1
Semipalmated Sandpiper 650
Western Sandpiper 75 Peeps with long drooping bills. Semipalmated
sandpipers evident for comparison. I'D by Andy Urquhart and Joe Swertinski
among others.
Short-billed Dowitcher 20
Greater Yellowlegs 100
Willet 1
Lesser Yellowlegs 75
Laughing Gull 41
Herring Gull 1
Gull-billed Tern 1 Black bill, slow wing beat, light body and wings,
larger than forster's it was with
Caspian Tern 6
Black Tern 1 photos to be added by others
Forster's Tern 40
Double-crested Cormorant 1
American White Pelican 10 large, white pelican, continuing
Great Blue Heron (Blue form) 19
Great Egret 30
Snowy Egret 25
Little Blue Heron 1
Glossy Ibis 3
Turkey Vulture 2
Osprey 2
Bald Eagle 6
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Peregrine Falcon 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1 heard in woods near Finis Pool
Acadian Flycatcher 1 heard in woods near Finis Pool
Eastern Kingbird 2
Red-eyed Vireo 1 heard in woods near Finis Pool
American Crow 2
Carolina Chickadee 1
Purple Martin 6
Tree Swallow 8
Bank Swallow 1
Barn Swallow 7
swallow sp. 20
Marsh Wren 3
Carolina Wren 2 heard in woods near Finis Pool
European Starling 1
American Goldfinch 3
Field Sparrow 2
Seaside Sparrow 1