Date: 8/11/19 7:40 pm
From: Luke Pheneger <phenegerluke...>
Subject: [cobirds] Morgan County
For a solid chunk of today I birded Morgan County. My first time really
birding the county and it definitely didn’t disappoint.

At Riverside Park there were good numbers of the usual including Bobwhite
and RH Woodpeckers. Also a lone Willet and a couple of flyover Pine Siskin.

I then visited Brush SWA which has got to be one of my new favorite spots.
Again most of the usual, but this time 3 Yellow Billed Cuckoos decided to
make a late appearance, as well as a male Baltimore Oriole.

The various county roads north of Fort Morgan had lots of the typical
Sparrows: Grasshopper, Savannah, Lark sparrow and bunting, ect.
A few different species of shorebirds were commin through but none were
uncommon.
Also quite a few Burrowing Owls were scattered about.

Overall a really cool area that I will hopefully be visiting again soon.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58918442

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58918449

Luke Pheneger
Longmont