Date: 8/11/19 2:58 pm
From: Pip Fisher <pip...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Fall IOU Meeting is 2 Weeks Away!
Howdy Birders-

In case you haven't been watching the calendar, the Fall IOU Meeting in
Pella is just 2 weeks away! Friday 8/23 we'll kick things off as we gather
to decide which field trip you want attend and catch up with old friends.
Saturday there are field trips in the morning and presentations and the IOU
Membership meeting in the afternoon. Saturday evening is the banquet with a
presentation by Tim Barksdale "Filming the End of Nature."

Sunday we'll have more field trips followed by a round-up of what we saw and
a final debrief.

You don't need to be a member of the IOU to attend the meeting. Your $20
registration gets you into EVERYTHING! Meals are separate, but not required.

Additionally, this meeting will have something special that we haven't done
before. Our keynote speaker Tim Barksdale has arranged for us to be able to
show several unreleased nature films by other world class nature documentary
producers. There will be a screening room running all day Saturday and
Sunday morning showing these films. The films alone are worth the $20
registration fee. The titles include: Tale of the Tides, by Mark Deeble and
Victoria Stone, Secret Life of Cats by Allison Argo, March of the Penguins,
Charles Darwin and the Tree of Life, Winged Migration, and at least one of
the Life of Birds programs. Last and certainly not least: Two films by Tim
Barksdale: Adventures with Birdman, Episode Ecuador-Jocotoco Antpitta and
Battle on the Booming Grounds.

Registration deadline is 8/15 for meals. You can register for the meeting
on-site, your name tag just won't be as pretty. :)

Contact me if you have any questions or have an afternoon presentation you
are dying to present to a group of birders and nature lovers!

Bird Well,

Pip Fisher

Vice President

Iowa Ornithologists Union