Date: 8/11/19 11:12 am
From: William Scheible <thiolase...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Summer Tanager in Cedar Rapids
The 1.8 mile multi purpose trail at Prairie Park Fishery in SE Cedar Rapids is used by runners, dog walkers, cyclists, farriers, mimes, retired phlebotomists, you know, the usual cast of characters. Today, at the 0.3 mile marker (or 1.5 mile depending on your point of view),
I heard the kitti-tuck call of a Summer Tanager, and soon a male popped into view.

A number of people (2 to be precise) have asked about my ongoing 5MR year. This SUTA is species #122, all found within 5 miles of my refrigerator. It has been a feel good pursuit, as my carbon footprint has been much smaller than usual this year.

Bill Scheible
Cedar Rapids