Date: 8/11/19 10:05 am
From: Ed McDevitt <mcdevitt.ed...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Naming things (No Sightings)
Hello, all.

It becomes mysterious and frustrating to follow some threads on IBET
because we tend to abbreviate the names of birds we are seeing, which
assumes that everyone knows what we're talking about.

Might I suggest that we refrain from WWS and RTH and ABCD when we refer to
the species we're talking about, especially when it's a continuing thread
that someone is just coming upon for the first time?

Thanks.

Ed McDevitt
Executive Director
Public Art Chicago