Date: 8/11/19 6:10 am
From: Tommy Stone <tomtazzstone...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Lake Red Rock and Pinchey Bottoms Sat.
Yesterday I made the long journey to mainly look for shorebirds. The reservoir was pretty quiet, only some R-b Gulls with several Franklin's Gulls and a few Forster's Terns. I did get a BUFF-BREASTED S. in the Whitebreast pt. area

At Pinchey Bottoms, there is some really good looking shorebird habitat, and it should be prime for the upcoming meeting. Here, I tallied 14 species of shorebirds. The more notables being a RED-NECKED PHALAROPE, a BLACK-BELLIED P. and 2 W. PHALAROPES.

Good birding,
Tommy Stone
Waterloo