Date: 8/9/19 8:25 am
From: Jeff Bilsky <jbilsky...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Techny Basin--north of Willow Rd., Cook, Illinois, US (8/8)
Hi all –

I’ve been regularly stopping by Techny Basin - North of Willow - to scan
for shorebirds. If I find anything rare, I’ll certainly report it. But for
the most part, it’s been the expected stuff. Yesterday, the deck shuffled a
bit, so thought I’d do a report here. Probably the highlight for me was a
WILSON’S SNIPE feeding at the far (North end) with a SORA in the vicinity
as well. A few GREAT EGRETS were there as well – haven’t seen them for a
while. Continued huge numbers of young WOOD DUCKS and Mallards – prolific
breeding success for both. SAVANNAH SPARROWS clearly had success as well –
always find a couple on the path. Good numbers of SOLITARY & SPOTTED
SANDPIPERS continue – the latter being likely part of the local breeding
population. A few SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS and a bunch of LEAST SANDPIPERS.
Good Birding.
Techny Basin--north of Willow Rd., Cook, Illinois, US
Aug 8, 2019 4:54 PM - 5:55 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.28 mile(s)
21 species