Date: 8/9/19 7:27 am
From: Paul Stensvaag <red.tail1960...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Fiesty Hummingbird!
So I have sugar feeders nearby a peanut crack corn feeders by about eight
feet you would think that would be a sufficient distance for neighborhood
peace but no. Instead wow the hummingbird was humming about the sugar
feeder a black-capped chickadee came in to hang on the peanut feeder. Well
that's not tolerable says the hummingbird and went after the chickadee and
in the nearby vicinity chased it with his pointy beak about and around and
followed it up through the pine tree and away.

Identifying and logging bird sightings is useful and I'm sure a wonderful
pastime. but in my mind I mostly catalog interesting behaviors.

Northwest County of Cook.
Cheers! Paul Stensvaag

Join us on Facebook!